How Can We Design Podcast Interviews For SEO Success? Livestream Recap [VIDEO]
Last Updated on February 10, 2022
In this episode of the SEO Saturdays show we focused on the impact of the latest Google Core update and what it means for podcasters. Our central question was this: How Might We Design Podcast Interviews For SEO Success?
Design Podcast Interviews TOC
- Recap: May 16 Livestream Replay Video
- How Might We Design Podcast Interviews For SEO Success?
- A Shoutout To The Podcasts We Featured
- Livestream Time Stamps Reference
- What is Podcast SEO Saturdays?
- Special Program For Podcasters: 25% Off For “Topic” Content Grading Tool
Recap: May 16 Livestream Replay Video
Remember, if you missed the LIVE stream, all of this is viewable on our You Tube channel.
How Might We Design Podcast Interviews For Seo Success?
That was the central question we inquired into was around whether it is feasible to use SEO based preparation and research to create better and more in-depth podcast interviews.
Content Briefs and Content Grading / Optimization Special Feature: Ryo Chiba from “Topic”
The Co-Founder of the content optimization tool Topic, Ryo Chiba, was our special co-host. He personally walked us through a demo of his brilliant tool. This tool helps content creators design and produce quality content that uses are looking for, using content briefs. Topic enables a step by step approach to identify the content that is most relevant to readers or listeners. It facilitates a content planning process based on comprehensive coverage of a subject, including the most relevant questions being asked on-line.
Topic “Content Briefs” suggest how to cover a topic in a way that is likely to appear near the top of the search results. The built in “Content Grading” tool evaluates your draft show notes or blog articles against these briefs for instant feedback and suggestions.
We are incorporating the regular use of “Topic” as a content planning and content grading tool in all our podcasting processes.
We recently posted our own case study on how we increased Website Traffic by 351% with this method. Just google “podcast website traffic” – or click here for the case study.
Topic Special For Podcasters
Special Program For Podcasters: 25% Off For All “Topic” Content Grading Tool Plans
A Shoutout To The Podcasts We Featured
Thanks to those applicants wanting to be on the show. Each of you is unique and while you may think you’re alone with your issues, we find that with all the excellent teaching moments that surface during the LIVE, we recognize we are not so alone. Learning together is truly valuable.
Social PR Secrets
Social PR Secrets podcast is your trusted source for actionable and relevant ways to combine the superpowers of public relations, social media and SEO. Each week, join Lisa Buyer, entrepreneur and author of Social PR Secrets and Digital Detox Secrets. If you are an entrepreneur, a struggling parent, intrepreneur, a student, a teacher a marketers or just want to hear some secrets to creating some mindfulness and awareness, this podcast is for you.
Minimum Viable Podcast
MVP: Minimum Viable Podcast shares the stories black technologists and entrepreneurs successfully navigating the startup world. Join marketer turned app entrepreneur Amanda Spann for actionable insights from real and relatable black founders finding the fortitude to build what’s new, now and next. MVP: Minimum Viable Podcast features interviews with leading black innovators.
Positivity Strategist Podcast
An interview show with thought leaders on social construction, appreciative inquiry and other leading positive change methodologies, helping you grow personally, in community and professionally. Author, teacher, Robyn Stratton-Berkessel talks with thought leaders at many levels across the world help us all make sense of and give meaning to our respective worlds.
Livestream Time Stamps Reference
- 08.27 Agenda outline
- 09.00 How might we design podcast interviews for SEO success?
- 10:00 What is comprehensive content and content grade?
- 13:00 Value of questions to tell a story comprehensively
Case Study Recap
- 18:00 Recap of Polymash’s case success using the Topic platform
Our Co-Host Ryo Chiba
- 24:30 Meeting Ryo – co-founder of Topic
- 27:45 Conceptual overview of Topic – quality content your users get value from
Social PR Secrets Podcast
- 31:20 Lisa Buyer – her story of starting Social PR Secrets – 65 episodes in one batch and her inspiration
- 44:00 Key phrase research for Facebook SEO
- 44:50 Ryo interviewing Lisa Buyer about her process –
- 47:15 Content briefs are tied to a specific focus key word “Facebook SEO” – are integrating search intent with planning process – look for headers- and then subcategories
- 50:24 Questions to answer
- 57:50 Using Topic as research tool, enabling podcaster to zero in on their unique value
- 1:02:00 Competitor analysis
- 1:04:00 Commonly sited links
- 1:04: 30 Content grader
- 1:14:30 Amanda Span. MVP – her show – Tech enabled entrepreneurship
- 1:24:00 Ranking with names of celebs
- 1:26:00 Topic overview starting with the Content Brief Report Card
- 1:35:11 example of the topic “serial entrepreneur”
Positivity Strategy Podcast
- 1:38:30 positivity is key – using Topic to upgrade an existing post
What is Podcast SEO Saturdays?
We keep developing the show format and hope to be growing in ideas and guests and innovative ways to help connect podcasters and content creators design and deliver the content audiences love.
Currently, our guests are podcasters who apply to be on the show. We do some research based on their podcast topics and episode ideas. and then during the LIVE they do a show and tell of their content. They opening share what their mission is, what they offer and what they aspire to. We engage in conversation about the issues they would like to address. They range from the strength of their podcast website, podcast name, episode titles or podcast articles. In these livestream sessions we help
- New podcasters optimize their podcast names & websites based on SEO
- Existing podcasters by researching great episode titles for their show
- Demonstrate tools and techniques we use to help content rank more organically on Google search
- Answer your Podcast SEO questions live
Participate live as my partner, Robyn and I demonstrate our entire Content Marketing Workflow. It has elevated our clients’ podcasts and their episode notes drive traffic to their websites and show up high in the Google search results. This strategy alone has is the most effective ways of attracting listeners to the websites and gaining new subscribers. In our free SEO Saturdays LIVE streaming event, we show you how to do this. Just apply to have your show SEO’d in real time live.
Remember, you earn great backlinks when we feature your show on our site. Each week our featured podcasts, as demo’d above are enjoying that benefit – and that’s just one! Join us next time to find out why this is a GREAT SEO tactic that can flip your script!
Special Program For Podcasters: Free Trial and 25% Off 1st Month For All “Topic” Content Grading Tool Plans
Ryo and the team over at Topic have created a special “secret” program tailored to podcasters! I pleaded with them that many podcasters need fewer episode content briefs than “normal” marketers, and so they created a special program.
- The initial sign up is free, so you can try and plan an episode just like we demo live.
- Once you realize how awesome a way this is to plan your episodes and interviews, you can sign with a 25% discount for the first month. Use the code POLYMASH25.