Last Updated on June 6, 2020 Last updated April 24, 2017
Are you a group coach or facilitator?
In recent years the tools around facilitating and teaching masterminds online have really taken a leap forward. Video streaming, Blab, Periscope, Hangouts and other platforms like Zoom and Skype have matured to the point where meaningful group coaching can easily be delivered on-line.
The emergence of the “Mastermind Online” format
It is not only the technology that has matured. One popular and collaborative modality of group coaching is the mastermind concept. In the age of the solo entrepreneur, collaborative support and group coaching from peers and like minded entrepreneurs has become not only popular, but almost a necessary ingredient to success. And from our “inbound design” perspective, this format is hugely attractive because focus on the actual participant needs and agendas are built in.
Add to this the fact that physical location is no longer a huge obstacle in our ever connected world, and the mastermind format is a perfect formula for on-line collaboration.
In a peer group environment, facilitation and leadership is still required
Masterminds online revolve around the concept that all participants are getting equal time to talk about what they are working on, and taking turns so that one person in the group may have the “hot seat” and benefit from the brainstorming of all participants in that session. But this does not mean that masterminds can self-organize.
In fact, the role of the facilitator or founder of the mastermind is very important, when it comes to ensuring that people show up in the first place, stick to the agenda, and also in providing facilitator notes and a space for resources.
Supporting masterminds beyond video conferencing apps
Assistive technologies are springing up, and having a mastermind membership site to support the group can be a big bonus. Consider the following possibilities:
Benefits to the mastermind online participants
- A central place for replays of each sessions
- Transcripts of each session
- Facilitator journals for each session
- On-line courses and other resources like e-Books
- Discussion forums and threads for members (instead of Facebook groups where topics are lost in a timeline)
- Event calendars
Benefits to group coaches and mastermind online facilitators
- A sales page for your mastermind group
- Multiple payment options, one-time, recurring, free trials, renewals, credit card changes
- Automated payment processing
- An affiliate referral system to reward your friends and colleagues who refer someone into your mastermind group
- Affiliate Discounts for members who bring someone else into your group
- Automated book-keeping and payouts to affiliates
START YOUR OWN MASTERMIND GROUP
Use these 51 fundamental tips for success & profits
51 TIPS FOR RUNNING MASTERMIND GROUPS ONLINE
- Is group coaching right for you?
- Fundamentals & best practices
- Monetization & when to charge
- The best online platforms
- Where the most leadership is needed
- Managing rotations
- And much more...