Step 1 — Set up a Captivate.FM account.
- Please use my link: https://polymash.me/captivate
- Please invite email@example.com as well as firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to the podcast, with all admin rights enabled.
- If you get less than 12,000 downloads a month at the moment, sign up for the personal plan, but if you are above that, sign up for the pro plan
Step 2 — Polymash Work
- Your Libsyn account will need to be updated with an RSS forward, which we will do for you
- We will translate all current podcast description and settings
- We will also import all existing episodes.
- We will also set up several features Libsyn does not have
- The charge to do all of the migration is a flat fee of $500
- Once the migration is complete, you need to keep your Libsyn account active for at least one month
Step 3 — Polymash Website migration work
- In practice, this means we will go into StoryChief, edit each past episode, look up the code for the new embeddable player widget in Captivate, replace it in StoryChief, and then re-publish the post on your website.
- The cost for this is $10 per episode, so for 100 episodes this is $1,000.
- We can do this work in a few days, but it needs to be coordinated with your publishing schedule so that when you publish your next new episode, it goes live on captivate.fm instead of on Libsyn.