Available now: iTunes, Android marketplaces.
The 2012 World Appreciative Inquiry Conference in Ghent, Belgium held in April is available for download from iTunes and Android markets.
Enhancing Attendees Experience
The app is the hand-held concierge of the conference. We had fun designing features to enhance the experience of conference goers that can't be done in a standard conference program, particularly one that is traditional print.
Anticipation and Imagination
In the Appreciative World, we seek to discover the best of humankind, to build on strengths, to celebrate the talents of all participants, to anticipate and imagine what more can be done to make a situation, a person, a product excel. We used that perspective in designing this app for the World Appreciative Inquiry Conference.
Sustained Connection and Learning
The Conference app is available before, during and after the event so that the learning and engagement continues well beyond the event itself.
For a more detailed view of the features set, please visit our conference-app-system website. The app is a native universal app, designed for iPad and iPhone. No persistent wifi connection required to access the conference program, presenters, sponsors, venue, transportation information and animated maps.
Instant access to Papers and Presentations
Attendees can easily search and filter presentations, papers and abstracts in context as part of the session detail information and provide information as needed during the event.
Sharing and Networking
The Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn integration enables attendees to share interesting sessions with their peers and extend the reach for presenters and event organizers.
Real-Time Updates and Reminders
Attendees receive just-in-time notifications regarding news, scheduling and program changes, made visible on the home screen.
Rich Experience and Paperless Events
The Conference-App-System can make your conference truly paperless, with the integration of slides and pdfs. The app has a note taking feature, enabling participants to create a personalized and valuable reference app to be used long after the conference and can be emailed to others in the spirit of collaboration.
- Search feature to find presenters, their bios, their photos, their session outlines and room locations
- Personal session builder to build your personal conference program with an intuitive color coded program view based on themed tracks
- Notetaker to take your own notes, edit them, collate them and link them to other other notes relevant to the same theme
- Email individual notes and insights during the sessions, or a a summary report of all notes taken at any time
- Share your notes with others to co-create entries for blogs, papers and other publications
- Presenters' slides and presentations can be uploaded for participants to read
- Provide feedback to others via notes features
- News and notifications keep you informed about latest updates, program changes, newly scheduled events and meetings
- Conference blog feed
- Participate in live Twitter streams about the conference
- Share news on Facebook and connect to others on Facebook
- Sponsors' information and links
- Around town: interactive maps with POIs, restaurants, sights and entertainments (iOS only)
- Local information about the International Convention Center (ICC), the town and its attractions, and transportation
Feel free to contact us with any feedback and app support questions using our contact page